[dehai-news] (Supersport) Tanzania Mainland to host Cecafa Cup

From: B-Haile (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2010 - 07:06:17 EDT

Tanzania Mainland to host Cecafa Cup

07/09/2010, 10:23

Tanzania Mainland will host the 2010 Council of East and Central Africa Football Association (Cecafa) Senior Challenge Cup.

The Cecafa Senior Challenge Cup is Africa's oldest annual regional tournament. It features Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania Mainland, Uganda and Zanzibar.

"The Tanzanians are making steady progress with preparations for the tournament, which runs from 12 November to 5 December. We are working on securing partners to ensure the commercial success of the event and will name the tournament sponsors once we have concluded negotiations," the Cecafa secretary general, Nicholas Musonye, told SuperSport.com.

http://supersport.com/football/africa/news/100907/Tanzania_Mainland_to_host_Cecafa_Cup