[dehai-news] (News Vision, Uganda) Eritrea stand in the Hippos path

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2010 - 09:00:49 EDT

http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/30/729571
Eritrea stand in the Hippos path
Sunday, 22nd August, 2010 E-mail article Print article

Bring on anybody and we will deal with them, says Anyau

By Swalley Kenyi
CECAFA U-20 CHAMPIONSHIPS
Zanzibar 2 Uganda 3
Today
Sudan v Tanzania
Kenya v Eritrea
Semifinals
Wednesday
Kenya/Eritrea v Rwanda
Thursday
Uganda v Kenya/Eritrea

HOSTS Eritrea and rivals Kenya are in Uganda Hippos path to the semifinals
of the ongoing CECAFA U-20 Championships in Asmara.

The Hippos, who were the first team to qualify for the last four of the 2010
championship will know their semi-final opponent after today�s last Group A
match between Eritrea and Kenya.

Like Uganda, both Kenya and Eritrea have not lost a game yet in the group
stage.

But team coach Frank �Video� Anayu anticipates a clash against their hosts
after predicting a draw in today�s match between Kenya and Eritrea.

�We are ready for any team in the semifinals. What is important is to ensure
that the team keeps focus,� Anyau said of his team that qualified for the
semi-finals as the only team without a loss in Group B ahead of Rwanda, who
qualified after Zanzibar was docked three points for fielding over age
players.

The Hippos are provisionally scheduled to face Group A runners up Eritrea
unless the hosts beat Kenya in their last preliminary match today to emerge
group winners