[dehai-news] (NewsBlaze) CECAFA Praises Eritrea for Good Organizing

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 15:01:08 EDT

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100813090215shaf.nb/topstory.html

Published: August 13, 2010 Send to a friend
CECAFA Praises Eritrea for Good Organizing

By Shafi'i Mohyaddin Abokar

With the CECAFA U-20 tourney due to kick off in Asmara on Saturday, the
General Secretary of the regional football body Nicholas Musonye, on Friday,
praised Eritrea for its great responsibility and the good organization for
the regional soccer event.

During a press conference at the end of the organizing committee meeting on
Friday morning Musonye said that he appreciated how Eritrea is managing to
host the big event and that he was hopeful of a successful end to the match.

"It is not easy to assemble nine teams from different countries at one
place, and on Behalf of CECAFA president and the Executive committee we are
very grateful to the Eritrean government, football federation and people of
Eritrea for embracing this huge responsibility" the CECAFA General Secretary
said.

"All the teams have already arrived safely and have been stationed at high
quality hotels with good hospitality so I really appreciate that matter" he
added.

He said that he was here in Asmara a month ago, and he was very confident of
what he met in Eritrea at that time saying that this small country showed
its great preparation for the big football event.

 According to Nicholas Musonye, Eritrea will also host the CECAFA women's
tournament next year.

Eritrean Football Federation President and the Chairman of the local
organizing committee, Tesfaye Gebreyesus, for his part said that his
federation and government had done their utmost to be able to host the
tournament successfully.

"As Eritrea, we are very jubilant at hosting this regional football event
and although it is the first time for us, we are hopeful that every thing
will go smoothly" the Eritrean Football Federation President told reporters.

Nine countries are taking part in this year's CECAFA U-20 tourney and they
are as follows: Eritrea, Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania,
Zanzibar and Yemen which is not in the region, but was invited, according to
Secretary General Nicholas Musonye. Ethiopia, Djibouti and Burundi are
missing from the competition.

Shafi'i Mohyaddin Abokar is the NewsBlaze Somalia reporter. Contact him
through NewsBlaze.