[dehai-news] Seattle Concludes Another Hzbawi Mekete.

From: Berhane Alazar (erigram@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2010 - 22:01:49 EDT

As usual, Seattle had a successful Hzbawi Mekete on Saturday August 7,
2010. Our invited keynote speaker, Dr. Berhe Habtegiorgis, started the
event by having a Town Hall type meeting for the youth, in which our
youth commented and sought answers from questions they had for the good
Doctor. And they were not disappointed.

After some technical issues that caused the general meeting to be
delayed slightly, Dr. Berhe captivated his audience with a detailed
PowerPoint presentation on the current global situation and how it could
affect Eritrea and Eritreans. Dr. Berhe's discussion centered on the
following key points that had made the EPLF (PFDJ) (and by extension the
Eritrean people) the indomitable force that they are:

1) Commitment and Dedication - The unparalleled commitment and
dedication for the cause of our people and the uncompromising effort to
set them free from the colonial oppression they suffered for so long.

2) Sacrifice - The exemplary "walking the talk" by continuing to
face off any and all challenges that must be overcome considering the
overwhelming size and armaments of the enemy armed and supported by the
powers of the day. More importantly, Dr. Berhe continued, that it was
perhaps unparalleled in the annals of liberation struggle to find
fighters who were willing to fell for a cause they believe in to save
some of their compatriots.

3) Confidence - All this long years of armed struggle wouldn't have
been possible if our freedom fighters did not have self confidence that
they would beat the enemy and one day liberate Eritrea no matter what
may come and that is precisely what happened!

4) Self-reliance - Considering the meager resources the Eritrean
people had during the Ethiopian occupation and the systematic economic
blockade the Ethiopians and their supporters had on Eritrea, the
struggle would have been a no starter if the EPLF leadership has had the
illusion of counting on foreign aid for its independence struggle. It is
precisely the dire situation that we faced that we were forced to rely
heavily and solely on our ingenious resource capability.

5) Organization - One could never beat a small nominal armed forces,
let alone Ethiopia, which had the most heavily armed forces in
Sub-Saharan Africa, with out highly effective organizational structure
and the EPLF is a master of organizational assets.

Finally, our keynote speaker closed his well organized presentation by
reminding his Eritrean audiences to remain vigilant and steadfast for
any eventualities, which we know we must deal with head-on as we always
do. He emphasized the point that we should never be enticed into
believing that no country or interest group may not want to do us any
harm anymore in spite all the sweet talk they may be singing especially
since our experience has taught us that we have been harmed by people
and organization we placed a high trust upon to worry about any of their
evil action that might ensue.

The Mekete was closed in the same manner as it had opened with the
Mekete participants expressing their unflinching support to their people
and government and their strong opposition to the illegal US imposed
UNjust sanction!

A symbolical seal of approval was placed on the event when many of the
participants stayed to enjoy some Eritrean dinner and traditional coffee
ceremony that was offered by our dedicated mothers and sisters of our
Mahbere Kom of Seattle!

Awet nHafash!

Shmagle Mekete Seattle!