[dehai-news] Shabait: President Isaias Afwerki's Speech On The Occasion Of The Graduation Of 23rd Round Members ........

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 06:26:02 EDT

President Isaias Afwerki's Speech On The Occasion Of The Graduation Of 23rd
Round Members Of National Service And The Opening Of The 4th Eritrean Youth
Festival

Let me begin by congratulating the members of the 23rd round of national service.

Congratulations also to parents and teachers and to all the participants
present here today. And especially to the youth who have come from different
parts of the world to participate in this auspicious occasion, I would like
to say that you have made us proud. I would also like to express my
appreciation to all those who organized this uplifting event.This year's
graduation of the 23rd round members of the national services has been made
even more opportune by the 4th Nation Youth Festival. At a time when today's
youth are being perceived as less responsible than previous generations;
Eritrean youths have proven that they are even stronger and drive. And I
would like to express my appreciation to all those who have made such a
strength a reality and to those who are at the forefront of executing their
responsibility to their people and government.

Although there could be a number of things that could be said on such an
occasion, I would like to call on today's graduates as well as all young
Eritreans inside the country and abroad to continuously arm themselves with
professional skills and knowledge that would enable them to effectively meet
the dual challenges facing the country at the present stage. As knowledge or
skill with out any active work is ineffective, all young Eritreans need to
step up their efforts and contribution just as all the previous 22 rounds of
national service members as well as the youth inside the country and abroad.

Guided by such a spirit, just as we have seen in today's shows, all the
country's youth need to transform the country from the year 2010 to 2020,
making work, skills, knowledge, commitment and collaboration their core
principles. Presently, I would like to thank all the young nationals who
have proven in practice that the achievements that have so impressed and
uplifted us today will assume even more gratifying outcomes in the next ten
years.

I wish you all success in your life journey. And I would once again like to
express my appreciation to parents, teachers, trainers as well as those who
organized this colorful event.

Victory to the Masses!

image001.jpg