[dehai-news] Martyrs Day Observed in Detroit and Lansing, Michigan

From: fwd (fwd@dehai.org)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 15:33:16 EDT

Martyrs Day Observed in Detroit and Lansing, Michigan

On June 20th 2010, Metro Detroit Eritreans gathered to remember those who have lost their lives for our country. Also Eritreans who live in Lansing, Michigan, and its environs, met to remember our martyrs. The message on that day allowed us the opportunity to remember the legacy these Martyrs have left us to enjoy. It is our responsibility to see that this day is remembered for the legacy of our fallen heroes and we must pay our highest respect to the wonderful gift our national heroes have given to us. In return, we have to pass the baton to the next generation so that they may live in peace and continue the struggle for freedom. These men and women did not die in vain they died so that their fellow Eritreans will live in peace and dignity.

Awet N’Hafash