[dehai-news] Eritrea Profile: President Isaias' Speech On The Occasion Of Martyrs Day

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 17:31:21 EDT

President Isaias' Speech On The Occasion Of Martyrs Day

25/06/2010

Ladies and Gentlemen

Allow me to express goodwill

to all those who lit candle and

carried out various activities

in memory of martyrs on the

occasion of this Great Day that

occupies a special place in the

lives of Eritrean nationals inside

the country and abroad. Eternal

glory goes to our gallant fallen

heroes who sacrifi ced their

precious lives for our existence

and independence, besides

bestowing us the noble and

proud culture, as well as trust.

As I mentioned on the occasion of the 19th anniversary of Independence

Day celebrations, the anger voiced and patriotism demonstrated this year

on the part of the Eritrean people in rebuffi ng the conspiracies weaved by

hegemonic and hostile forces fully attest to their commitment to honor

the trust of martyrs. Once again, I would like to say well done! And keep

on strengthening resolute rebuff in wide-ranging fronts.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Taking into account the uninterrupted obstructions created, the

achievements registered through resolute rebuff as regards keeping intact

our pledge for liberation and freedom, as well as honoring the trust of

martyrs over the past 20 years are not to be viewed lightly, though these

may not correspond to our lasting aspirations. The TPLF regime's backers

not only invaded our sovereign territories through proxy but also extended

all-round political, economic and military subsidy to their servants with a

view to weakening us. Nonetheless, in the face of such multi-dimensional

warfare, the people and Government of Eritrea continue to master strength

and progress. And as a result of the mounting frustration of such forces,

we are witnessing new concocted allegations and acts of animosity. This

way or the other, their arguments and fabrications have been laid bare in

due course, while at the same time Eritrea keeps on standing on reliable

moral ground, which in turn amply attests to the reward of our martyrs.

Ladies and Gentlemen

The commemoration of this year's Martyrs Day in She'ib in which

barbaric atrocities were committed against innocent Eritrean nationals

marks a special event of renewed pledge and commitment, as it is being

held at a time when the nation fi nds itself at a signifi cant historic
juncture

in the nation-building process.

Without going to the details of the resolute rebuff programs, as we are

entering into the stage of still higher level of progress, our commitment to

honor the trust of martyrs should as ever be reinforced through unremitting

dedication in backing up the implementation of development programs in

diverse sectors.

Moreover, although we don't expect to face problem of food security

in the year 2011, I would like to emphasize the need for taking concerted

action towards boosting agricultural and marine production, beyond

ensuring food security. We should also vigorously pursue the reforestation

program as part of endeavors to attain evergreen ecology and reinforcing

the honor to our martyrs.

Wishing a promising rainy season and bumper harvest,

Glory to the Martyrs!

Victory to the Masses!