[dehai-news] [Correction] (Community Event, Nevada) Independence Day celebrated with great patriotic zeal and fervor

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 18:33:07 EDT

On May 26, 2010, Eritreans living in Las Vegas, NV, celebrated independence
Day with great patriotic zeal and fervor. In the beautifully decorated hall,
filled beyond capacity, the participants once again reaffirmed their
unflinching committment to their homeland.

The celebration began at 10:00 PM. As we Eritreans always do, first a
moment of silence for our martyrs was observed. Followed, the children,
accompanied by the participants, sung the national anthem. Then the
participants attentively watched Girmai Gebremariam, Eritrea's Ambassador
message sent through DVD.

*A representative from the office of the Honorable Congress Women Dina Titus,
Cameron Asgariani spoke briefly. Cameron told the participants that he is
aware of what Eritrea is going through at this time and his office is ready
to assist Eritreans in anyway it can. Mr.Cameron got a thunderous applause
when he told the participants, that his office love, respect and admire the
self-reliant Eritrea.
*
The celebration was filled with joy and happiness. One could not fail to
feel the comradeship and brotherhood seen through out the night. Mr Ghirma
Zaid who came from chicago to celebrate independence day donated a 32 inch
flat screen TV for our defence forces which was sold in auction for $551.
Many patriotic participants promised to donate so many things for our next
independence Day celebration.

DashimMisghina and his band also did a superb job. They had the participants
dance until the sun came out. Dashim brought us lots of memories by singing
most of our 70's and 80's revolutionary songs that really reflected on our
past history. It was "one of the best party in Las Vegas", most of the
participants said.

At the end, the participants, in no uncertain terms, told to the enemies of
Eritrea and their servants that Eritreans living in the entertaiment capital
of the world may be tempted to gamble with their money but not with their
Eritrea.
500 people were participated.

Eternal Glory to our fallen heros
Happy 19th Independence Day