[dehai-news] Qualities of Excellent Eritrean Youth: Leading YPFDJ in the right direction.

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 16:58:54 EDT

*Qualities of Excellent Eritrean Youth: Leading YPFDJ in the right
direction.*

     The ability of YPFDJ to experience explosive growth has proven to be
the result of quality leadership in each chapter throughout the world with
the backing of the vision that our leaders in Eritrea have set for us.
Whether it is in the east coast, west coast, Midwest, the south or even
other parts of the world, the changes that we want as YPFDJ will only go so
far as YPFDJ's ability allows. Imagine for a second, 5 years ago this
movement began with less than 100 people and this year it has surpassed it's
expectations by six fold. A growth rate unheard of anywhere. Why? Because
first and foremost the cause is bigger and very important to those Eritreans
who deeply care about their family, community, and their country of origin.
Despite what anyone says the sea of blue tea shirts in a huge auditorium,
the traditional Eritrean outfits at the cultural evening, the breakout
sessions, the seminars, eating at the cafeteria together, or attending the
Bahti Mesekerem finale at the Double tree hotel, YPFDJ clearly has indicated
that it is a force to be reckoned with. Especially during a moment at the
Korchach concert to the tune of "WOLODO LOMI" YPFDJ members from all over
joined in with other members of the community to show their pride with full
of emotion passionately chanting the words YPFDJ!YPFDJ!YPFDJ!..... It was a
moment that will be engraved in my mind for a while and in the spirit of
Bahti Meskerem, I can say that our martyrs would have been proud starting
from the founding father of our struggle Hamid Idris Awate.
YPFDJ's Vision,
It is the duty and responsibility of YPFDJ members to continue on the
mission of building a strong, conscious and patriotic youth while also
working as a family unit through out the globe to help make Eritrea a top
notch country . You see Bitsot! We must always remember that Eritrea and
it's people were wronged for many generations until the day we were able to
say we are an independent nation on May 24th, 1991. As we speak the nation
that rose like a "Phoenix" from the ashes on it's own, without anyone's
assistance has developed a united, self reliant population while still
defending it's borders from enemies. When the EPLF marched into Asmara from
the trenches, it was well aware that in order to remain a strong and
principled organization, it had to liberate all sectors of it's society and
today you find PFDJ continuing it's legacy & the legacy of those who fought
and gave up their lives for Eritreans. The youth movements of the past have
also clearly indicated that Eritrea depends on it's young. The noble cause
of YPFDJ will always maintain the hard work and sacrifices that the freedom
fighters of Eritrea have left behind.

So what next for YPFDJ?
As part of the growing YPFDJ global network, we should always hold ourselves
to the highest standards, and rightfully so. We will grow slowly and in the
process we must continue to implement good ideas that benefit our country.
As leaders we must always remain vigilant and show our new members that
YPFDJ is an organization just like EPLF, PFDJ an organization that continues
to be the foundation upon which our nation was founded on. We should always
also keep in mind that there will be days that prepare us to handle future
disappointments with grace and dignity. As we become more established we
shall continue to grow into different parts of the world and meet our
desired goals of building a STRONG, CONSCIOUS & PATRIOTIC YOUTH MOVEMENT.
The good news is that perfection has never been a requirement for success.
As time passes and slight changes become a part of our practices each year,
dormant competencies may arise and more than make up for any problems we had
while learning new things and maintaining our values. As YPFDJ we must build
competencies as soon as possible and shore up any weak spots in our growth
processes.

2009-2010 Goals.....
There is a unique opportunity for the growth of each chapter. We must take
massive actions and educate our brothers and sisters that YPFDJ is an
organization that cares for Eritrea and will not be used as a tool for
others. It has a firm stance towards the Government of Eritrea and it's
leaders and their policies, and that we are a part of helping to change
policies from grass roots up. We will volunteer our services to improve our
organization locally and nationally. So while many of our adversaries are
sitting on their hands wondering what YPFDJ and Eritrea will do, predicting
negative assessments, reading and listening to lies, and generally worrying
about defaming YPFDJ, instead, we shall continue to move in the right
direction of building our global network. "TELIKOKA FESTIM, AYTISHEGER
BIZTERFU, GUBUKA FESTIM, AYTSHEBASEB BIZTEANKEFU" as Bitsai Tedros sang
eloquently in his hit song "segum" we must do so. YPFDJ has created an
opportunity for those of us who want to see our movement rise to
aggressively pursue the growth of capable, competent & conscious youth.

With over 600 youth and the huge impact of the conference this year, let us
continue to get involved at the local level. As the saying goes "Think
Globally, Act Locally" there is no reason that we should not be involved in
our local communities while we also stay connected to the entire cause of
the global movement of ........."Building a Strong, Conscious and Patriotic
Youth movement.

Awet N' hafash,

Zelalemawi Zikri N' swatna.

Mike Seium