[dehai-news] Eritrea finshes in second place. Still proud of the RedSea Boys

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 06:48:21 EDT

*The Eritrean under 17 national team fell a little short as they lost to a
strong Uganda team in the CECAFA under 17 tournament that took place in
Khartoum. Eritrea will get a second place prize and hope to build on a great
run. No Matter what we still love our REDSEA Boys.*
*
*
*http://www.africanfootballer.org/?p=113*
*
*
*Uganda beat Eritrea 2-0 in the Council of East and Central Africa Football
Association Under-17 final in the Sudanese capital Khartoum on Monday
night. The victory means Uganda add the Under-17 title to the CECAFA Senior
Challenge Cup title the won last year for the 10**th** outing. Prior to the
final Tanzania Mainland beat Sudan 2-0 in the bronze medal playoff. *
*FULL RESULTS (19-31 August)****FINAL****Uganda 2 Eritrea 0 in Khartoum*
*BRONZE MEDAL PLAYOFF**** **Tanzania Mainland 2 Sudan 0 in Khartoum*
*SEMI FINAL: ****Tanzania Mainland 1 (5) Uganda 1 (3) PSO (Penalty Shoot
Out) in Khartoum**** *
*Eritrea 2 Sudan 0 ET (in Extra Time) in Wadmadeni*
*QUARTERFINALS ****Tanzania Mainland 1 Ethiopia 0 in Khartoum*
*Uganda 2 Malawi 0 in Khartoum*
*Eritrea 2 Zanzibar 1 in Wadmadeni*
*Sudan 0 (9) Burundi 0 (8)*