[dehai-news] (MOI) Eritrean Information Ministry Editorial (Aug 26, 2009)

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 07:26:27 EDT

State of Eritrea - Ministry of Information

Appreciating And Preserving Values Of Concord Is Wisdom

By Staff

Aug 26, 2009, 23:32

A crucial observation that forefathers made entails that one often fails
to appreciate what he or she has at hand, always yearning for something
else. People take whatever they have as granted, and fail to attribute
value to what they have. Most of the times, instead, they take notice
and start relishing and appreciating what they possess only when
instances that compel them to do so arise.

The historical stage we are in at this time, are times filled with
strife, conflicts, riots, uprisings, oppressions and torments. These
times, peaceful countries in which you could live in peacefully are too
few. It is common to witness a phenomenon such as conflicts between
sections of society due to differences in religion, clan or race. It is
also common to witness civil wars and corruption. Also armed robberies
and rapes are rampant. One such example that could be cited is that, the
USA alone registers over 25 millions counts of misdemeanors.

There are elements that benefit from instigating strife and conflicts in
a region. They capitalize and cash out from initiating armed
confrontations and bloodletting between populations. They make dealings
in the name of political pluralism and human rights, in the names of
free press and freedom of worship. They leave no stone unturned to erode
cultural values and to destabilize nations.

Therefore, ensuring internal stability and security is one of the
biggest challenges to most societies of our time. Thanks to the
progressive political culture and unity that was cultivated in the
struggle for independence through sacrifice, Eritrea has become one of
the nations that possess a stable political environment. In light of the
worldwide reality, and in light of the turmoil in our region, Eritrea
has emerged as an example of stability and unity. Such a stability and
security is a product of our respect for one another, our unity and
oneness, and above all a product of our participatory popular political
formation.

The current political status quo of the world is therefore a reminder to
all us Eritreans to reaffirm our commitment to conserve the unity and
political structure that we acquired through sacrifice and appreciate it
and work to strengthen it further. Our stability and unity are against
the forces that attempt to dominate us. Therefore, failing to conserve
our unity and stability will make us prone to attacks from such forces.

Concerted efforts of the people and government of Eritrea are needed to
counter the numerous ploys being hatched. Our civilized political
culture that has guaranteed our stability and unity as a nation would
then serve us as a stepping stone for limitless development and
prosperity.

http://www.shabait.com/staging/publish/article_0010351.html

  <http://www.shabait.com/staging/images/logo_shabait1-0.jpg>

logo_shabait1-0.jpg