[dehai-news] Teklemariam Medhin Qualified for the final 5000m of World Championships

From: Yohannes Debesai (ydebesai@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 16:22:49 EDT

Teklemariam Medhin Qualified for the final 5000m of World Championships

Teklemariam Medhin today has qualified for the final heat of the 5000 meters of the world championship in Athletics in Berlin. Teklemairam finished 9th from heat one with a time of 13:23.48. His time has qualified him to compete in the final round.

In heat two were Samuel Tsegay and Kidane Tadese who finsihed 7th and 9th respectively with respective times of 13:26.78 and 13:30.85. Even though they did not qualify for the final round their places are very much respected, especially when we know it is only their first world championships and we should be proud of their accomplishment.

Teklemariam is competiting for the first time at World Championship in Athletics at both 10000m and 5000m; and should be commended for his respected 12th finish in the 10000m and for qualifying to the final heat of the 5000m. He wil compete against the best 16 runners from the world on Sunday during the final 5000 meters.

We wish him the bst of luck !

In the picture is Teklemariam finishing first at one of his successful cross country season in Europe.

Eritrean American Athletics Association
www.eaaarunners.org

~EAAA: Aspiring to uplift Eritrea in Athletics

"Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now."  ~Jonatan Mårtensson.

"I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts."  ~John Locke.