[dehai-news] Letter to the Editors

From: Merhawie (merhawie@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 22:06:53 EDT

VOA Africa Section Editors,

This is the worst article I have ever read on VOA from a quality stand
point. It is sad to see that this is the quality of journalism that the
Government of the United States is projecting to the world.
This article (Eritrea Ruled by Trigger-Happy Government, Says Ethiopia’s
Minister,
http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/2009-08-19-voa4.cfm?CFID=273046902&CFTOKEN=63732892&jsessionid=8430529c3899760d6111325f7e54651f6267)
was terrible from a quality point of view because essentially it was a
regurgitation of a statement by a government official without any analysis
or response from the other side of the argument.

I would hope to see either a detailed update of this article or its removal
entirely. The former would hopefully be the option followed because there
are numerous errors in the article as it stands now at 10:05 PM ET.

Good luck,

Merhawie