[dehai-news] Eritrea Earns its First medal in World Championships by Zerisenay

From: Yohannes Debesai (ydebesai@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 17 2009 - 16:50:27 EDT

Eritrea Earns its First medal in World Championships by Zerisenay

Zerisenay got Silver medal as his first World Championship win in a highly competitive and extremely fast pace 10k competition today in Berlin.

While Kidane Tadesse and Teklemariam Medhin finished 9th and 12th respectively.

Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane all got the series best time.

Congratulations to our runners !!!!!!!!!!

Eritrean American Athletics Association

ion
Bib
Athlete
Country
Mark

1
402
Kenenisa Bekele

 ETH
26:46.31
(CR)

2
347
Zersenay Tadese

 ERI
26:50.12
(SB)

3
735
Moses Ndiema Masai

 KEN
26:57.39
(SB)

4
415
Imane Merga

 ETH
27:15.94
(PB)

5
730
Bernard Kiprop Kipyego

 KEN
27:18.47
(SB)

6
1221
Dathan Ritzenhein

 USA
27:22.28
(PB)

7
734
Micah Kipkemboi Kogo

 KEN
27:26.33
(SB)

8
1227
Galen Rupp

 USA
27:37.99
(SB)

9
346
Kidane Tadasse

 ERI
27:41.50
(SB)

10
407
Gebre-egziabher Gebremariam

 ETH
27:44.04
(SB)

11
950
Ahmad Hassan Abdullah

 QAT
27:45.03
(SB)

12
344
Teklemariam Medhin

 ERI
27:58.89
(SB)

13
1092
Fabiano Joseph Naasi

 TAN
28:04.32
(SB

~EAAA: Aspiring to uplift Eritrea in Athletics

"Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now."  ~Jonatan Mårtensson.

"I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts."  ~John Locke.