[dehai-news] Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane: A repeat of Bejing Olympics 10K

From: Yohannes Debesai (ydebesai@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 18:56:09 EDT

Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane :
A repeat of Bejing Olympics 10K

Tomorrow, Monday the 17th of August in the evening hours of Berlin time,  Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane will have a big meet.

In the 2008 Olympics, three of these great Eritrean runners lined for the 10K competition. In a bid to get an Olympic medal by Zerisenay for Eritrea, Kidane and Teklemariam led for almost the entire half of the competition. Even if Eritrea did not get a medal then, their performance has named the nation because that competition marked the first time in history for Eritreans to dominate the entire 10k.

What do we expect Monday in Berlin?

Our runners are in better shape now,  their finish have improved alot with a new/different strategy.

We are dead sure that the runners will perform much better than Beijing over all.

We also expect a medal there. If we get it, it will mark Eritrea's first medal in the World Championship in Atheltics Series.

In the picture are Kidane and Teklemariam leading Kenenisa during the Beijing Olympics 10k.

Good luck ZTK !

Eritrean American Athletics Association

~EAAA: Aspiring to uplift Eritrea in Athletics

"Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now."  ~Jonatan Mårtensson.

"I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts."  ~John Locke.