[dehai-news] Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane in Germany for World Championship in Athletics

From: Bereket Kiflu (kbkiflu@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 17:19:02 EDT

Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane in Germany for World Championship in Athletics

Zerisenay, Teklemariam and Kidane will take part in the 10k event at the World championships tomorrow in the evening hours.

We wish all the best for our runners and we hope that they will get medal or medals.

Three of them have run at the Olympics in Beijing and dominated the 10k from start to finish. They have a better change to get better results this time. Zerisenay's victory in a 5K kilometers in Spain in recent months has boasted his moral. Teklemariam's victory in Spain's Cross country put him the spot light and his greatest 9th place finish at World Cross Country Championships gained him respect and to be considered one of the lead pack in almost every competition from now on.

Both Teklemariam Medhin and Kidane Tadesse also qualified for the 5K competition. After 3days of rest, they both will take part in the 5K event.

In a related news, Hais Welday finished 9th in the first heat of the 1500 meters. He is the first Eritrean runner to get in mid distance running of 1500m of the Olympics.

Yonas, Yared and Tesfayohannes will arrive in Germany after mid week this week to run the Marathon in Berlin.

The best of luck to our runners in Berlin,

Bereket Kiflu
Public Relations, Eritrean American Athletics Association