[dehai-news] Swedish born Eritrean Proud of his heritage and people on Al Jazeera.

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 09:36:03 EDT

     Classic example of a young Eritrean born in Sweden and when speaking to
an international media he speaks of his parents country "ERITREA" and says
loud and clear without any compromise that he appreciates the hard work of
our warsai and yikealo in building and developing our country. May be some
people can learn from him. Check the link out.

http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2009/08/200981511384620444.html

*At the end of a week in which the United Nations has marked International
Youth Day, Al Jazeera talks to young people from around the world.*

*We listen to the stories as told by a 16-year-old boy in Lebanon, a
13-year-old boy in the US, a 16-year-old Eritrean born in Sweden, a
13-year-old Palestinian-American and a 14-year-old girl in the Occupied
Palestinian Territories.*

*We hear what they think about their lives today, and where they believe
they and their countries are heading in the future, as part of Al Jazeera's
series on The Next Generation.*

*Mohammed Karrani, 16, Stockholm, Sweden*

It feels good to be young when you have the right friends, when school goes
well and you have the right friends that will be there for you.

*Karrani says he hopes for more understanding between different cultures***If
you don't have the right friends, you will end up in the wrong crowd and
this could have some really bad consequences.

I was born and raised in Sweden but I identify myself as an Eritrean. I feel
very connected to my homeland Eritrea [because] my dad is from Hirgigo,
Massawa, and he is very active in the Eritrean society.

Life would have been a lot harder [if I had lived in Eritrea]. The
opportunities we take for granted here would have been a lot tougher, like
education and freedom. Young people in Eritrea work really hard to build the
country and they face many hardships and I have a lot of respect and
admiration for them.

But I hope for a better understanding between cultures. We may all be
different but I believe this is what keeps us connected as human beings.