[dehai-news] (MOI) Eritrean Information Ministry Editorial (Aug 12, 2009)

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 20:58:50 EDT

Ministry of Information

Congregation That Highlighted National Values

By Staff

Aug 12, 2009, 06:47

The times we are in right now are times of national congregations and
gatherings. They are the times that highlight the unity of the Eritrean
people. It is the time of joy and amusement where Eritrean from
different corners of the world come to their homeland to visit their
relatives and friend in addition to the occasion of the festival.

The rationale behind the Eritrean people's independence and securing its
rightful place in the world is that it defied and withstood numerous
global conspiracies and intimidations through its strong political zeal
and commitment that is identified ed with the love of the country and
strong national unity. Our national congregation is, therefore, an event
that signifies the continuation of the love of our country and national
unity that registered miracles in the fronts of war and national
development.

We Eritreans our only desire is for peace and prosperity. We harbor no
ulterior motives or agendas and wish to see that peace, justice and
truth prevail. Our dream is to see a peaceful Eritrea that is devoid of
hunger, poverty and regression. Our vision is to see the people of
Eritrea preserve its identity and uniqueness, develop the unmatched care
for one another and march on the road to progress in educational,
economic, and technological aspects. Our vision is to see Eritrea become
a nation that is recognized by its traits of gender equality, harmony,
humanity, work discipline, respect the rule of law, freedom and
innovation. Our vision is to see Eritrea that has got a relationship
that is based on mutual relations and peaceful coexistence with its
neighboring states.

However, some forces that have rather decided that they could benefit
from conflict and instability of this region, have been exploiting the
differences between the people of this region and therefore concocting
rifts and unrest. The people of Eritrea, however, have been able to
safeguard their well-being and national integrity as they managed to
cross the erroneous traps that are set upon them based on
miscalculations on the part of the destabilizing forces because of their
strong patriotism and unity.

The main message communicated by the frequent Eritrean national
congregations is therefore, it highlights the secrets behind our success
and stands an assurance of its continuity and further expansion. The
foundation of our praiseworthy history is our national unity. A factor
that has allowed us to challenge indomitable situations is our strong
unity and organization. And all the gatherings in the homeland as well
as the Diaspora stand witness to the fact that the Eritrean people have
still safeguarded their national values.

http://www.shabait.com/staging/publish/article_0010288.html

  <http://www.shabait.com/staging/images/logo_shabait1-0.jpg>

logo_shabait1-0.jpg