[dehai-news] Israeli Official and Rabbi describes US president as "a slave” ruling the world

From: wolda002@umn.edu
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 22:47:09 EDT

Israeli Official and Rabbi describes US president as "a slave” ruling the
world
By Translated by Cherifa Sirry
Axis of Logic
Wednesday, Jul 29, 2009

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, spiritual head of Israel's ultra-Orthodox Shas party
which forms part of Israel’s ruling coalition, criticized US president
Barack Obama on Saturday describing him as “a slave” who rules the
world and who wants to control Israeli policy when it comes to building in
occupied Jerusalem. In his weekly sermon, Yosef protested that “American
insidiousness tells us to build here and not to build there as though we
were slaves working for them” then he adds that “We live in a time when
slaves are governing us and are trying to control us” refusing the US
administration request to stop illegal settlement building on Palestinian
occupied territories.
http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_56478.shtml

“We are not employees of the Americans.. and Israel does not work for the
United States!” asserted Yosef.

The Rabbi then addressed the Haram al Sharif (Dome of the Rock) issue
saying: “and where is our temple?! The situation there is cause for
grief! There is nothing there but evil Arabs who are occupying our lands…
and I hope that the messiah will appear soon to destroy them.”

An Israeli government official has publicly insulted the president of the
United States and US Zionist controlled media has of course kept a lid on
the story. Israeli apartheid and racism is no longer just confined to us
‘evil Arabs’, it now goes all the way to the president of the United
States. While criticizing and insulting the American president is of no
consequence to Israelis, criticizing Israel or the Jews is of course
unacceptable, “anti-Semitic” and can even lead to legal procedures in
the US and Europe. Even the FBI last week has been accused of being
“anti-Semitic” for having arrested a few Rabbis in New Jersey. Will
Americans allow Israelis to call the US president “a slave” without so
much as asking for an official apology from the Israeli government? When
will Americans learn how to speak other languages in order not to be at the
mercy of politicized Zionist-controlled media?

Translated by Cherifa Sirry. The following Arabic source is a newspaper
from which Cherifa Sirry got the text of Ovadia's sermon and translated
it." Al Masry Al Youm No. 1870 Monday 27-7-2009 p. 16