[dehai-news] Good, But Let Us Propose Our Alternatives [DEHAI] "BET-MTV" or "Eri-Tv" - Now is the time to Protest (By Mike)

From: Savi Alazar (savialazar@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 14:49:23 EDT

Selam Dehai,

Many wrote in discontent on Eri-Tv's adult programs that influences
negatively the teens. I was surprised as well to see Er-Tv airing Amharic
programs promoting singers and their performers which is more dangerous than
the American influence because that will erase the Eritrean identity faster
than the American pop culture just because of the proximity of the cultural
neighborhood. Do not take it negatively, but those are the facts that I
witnessed among many Eritrean male figures who believes that as long as they
control Eritrea politically the "some" Ethiopian entertainment pleasure for
the eyes won't go that far. This is totally of their misunderstanding how
culture is greater and powerful in dominating ones mind, and in the end it
takes 100 of centuries to wipe it out.

As the Eritrean Information Minister strongly believes that the world media
is distorting Eritrean profile then those principles also applies to Eri-TV
airing eternal mentally and behavior damaging foreign cultural shows will
distort the mind of teenagers about their country and their identity.

Airing American pop culture and Amharic or Arabic signers would not only
will do the job as Mike described, but also will damage our entertainers
(singers, performers, artist, musicians, actresses, and actors, film
producers, etc) selling power.

Joining Biniam, Mike and others in this forum, I will sign up the petition
for Ali Abdu. Putting in perspective toward the petition, I strongly
recommend also submitting a proposal helping Ali Abdu on alternative
programs that promote a healthy and effective youth and motivate good
citizenship. Our people need to realize that you can entertain without
acting and imitating the American pop culture or any other decadent one.

Moving forward I congratulate those who brought it up to our attention, it
shows you care about your country and people.

Chapeau!

Savi
By Maico Maico [maico1213@yahoo.com<maico1213@yahoo.com?Subject=Re:%20[DEHAI]%20"BET-MTV"%20or%20"Eri-Tv"%20-%20Now%20is%20the%20time%20to%20Protest%20(By%20Mike)&In-Reply-To=<2A098AD5B7954A1EB8B512D51FE585C4@your5eae84cbcb>>]

Ben,

Sorry for bothering you but, I am writing you this e-mail as I am
watching "BET-MTV", I mean Eri-Tv. The Music Video it is shown right now
is so despicable to say the least. Could you please draft a petition
letter to be signed by a concerned citizen and ask Ali Abdu to put his
house in order. I will be the first person to sign it. Self reliance
should not be limited only to infrastructures. Why complain about the
CIA trying to corrupt the minds of the youth while you doing it yourself
on your national TV for free?

Thank you,

Mike.

You can share this with dehai community by posting it in Dehai.