[dehai-news] (S-ERI Forum) PRESS RELEASE: More electricity meters to Eritrea

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 16:00:10 EDT

PRESS RELEASE

2008-10-14

More electricity meters to Eritrea!

S-ERI Forum

10 000 electric meters, which was sent from Sweden on September 18 are
expected to arrive to the port city of Massawa in Eritrea this week.

Swedish-Eritrean Forum for Development Cooperation (S-ERI Forum) and the
"Light for Our People" project continues to send electricity meters to
Eritrea. You are invited to support the project through our Plus giro:
31 74 76-0

For the second time Umeå Energi chooses to donate about 9 000 of the
city’s replacement electric meters for the benefit of rural
electrification in Eritrea. In December 2007, the energy company donated
11 000 fully functioning electricity meters to Eritrea. About 1 400 of
the meters were donated by Lunds Energi AB - a company that has been a
frequent contributor to the project for several years now. In addition
to this, about 700 fuses that were donated by the Uppsala company,
Kontex AB are included in the container to Eritrea. We direct our
gratitude to Volvo Employee Help Association, which for the third time
funded most
of the transportation cost within Sweden and for the large container
from Gothenburg to the port city of Massawa. S-ERI Forum also extends
its sincere thanks and appreciation to the three companies who donated
the meters and fuses.

The goods were packed by members of the Eritrean Community in Umeå and
S-ERI Forum members in Gothenburg. Our sincere thanks! Thanks also to
those who bought the promotional cap for the support of the project.

S-ERI Forum further pledges its efforts for the national development of
Eritrea through similar activities. It also takes this opportunity to
invite all concerned to become supportive members.

Further information about the “light for our People” project and other
activities please visit our web site at <http://www.seriforum.org>
www.seriforum.org.

Contact address:
S-ERI Forum
Box 130 49
103 01 Stockholm
 <mailto:info@seriforum.org> info@seriforum.org
076-595 85 37, 070-445 12 51

 Center of Batse island at night - Massawa Eritrea.
<http://www.asmera.nl/eritrea2004/eritrea491810.jpg>

eritrea491810.jpg