[dehai-news] (ABC) At least 3 dead, 15 injured in Ethiopia blast

From: Yemane Natnael (yemane_natnael@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 08:56:55 EDT

(ABC) At least 3 dead, 15 injured in Ethiopia blast

Sept 28, 2008

At least three people have been killed and 15 injured
in an explosion in eastern Ethiopia, as investigators scrambled to
determine if it was an act of terrorism or an accident, police have
said.

The blast occurred near a hotel in Jijiga, the capital of Ethiopia's
eastern Somali region, federal police spokesman Demsash Hailu said.

"I suspect it is a terrorist action because we have some problems in this area," the spokesman said.

"But there is an investigation opened. We'll look into the matter to
confirm if it is a terrorist action or an accidental explosion."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/28/2376346.htm?section=justin