[dehai-news] EAAA raises $4550 in its Olympic Fund-raise event at Bet-Tsihfet: some pledges to come

From: yohannes debesai (ydebesai@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 23:41:30 EDT

EAAA raises $4550 in its Olympic Fund-raise event at Bet-Tsihfet: some pledges to come

  With many thanks to EAAA's Advisory board and EAAA members who worked for the event, we would like to say that the Olympic Fund Raise event on the 1st of August was a success. We raised $4550 dollars.

  $3000 dollars will be sent to our embassy in China to be delivered to our nation's Olympic team. Each Olympic Athletes will share the money as a token of our appreciation for their hard work and for representing our nation at the highest level in the world. The rest will go in sponsoring a championship game in Eritrea for all runners inside the country.

  Solomon Teklu was instrumental in its success. Bet-Tsihfet also disclosed at the event night that they presented the place and their service for free to EAAA. Most of those who attended pledged to stay close with EAAA in the coming few years so that Eritrean Athletics will get to the targeted stage.

  We thank Ambassador Ghirmay, and all those who attended and supported the event. Our thanks goes to Bet-tsihfet too.

  Special thanks to Solomon Teklu and Helen Tesfamariam.

  It is recalled EAAA awarded best Eritrean Female runners $1000 dollars last year and $1000 dollars this year under its Eritrean Female Runners Development Project.

  EAAA will present news update of the Olympics at its website www.eaaarunners.org

  EAAA has also set up email account, eaaacomments@gmail.com, for our people to give their ideas to improve Eritrean Athletics. Please make your ideas count to advance Eritrea in Athletics.

  Long live Eritrean Athletics,
  Yohannes Debesai,
  Chairman, Transition-EAAA
  WWW.EAAARUNNERS.ORG
  EAAACOMMENTS@GMAIL.COM

        "To accomplish great things, we must not only dream, but act." Bill Blackman

      "Don't waste today regretting yesterday, instead of making memories for tomorrow." s.o