[dehai-news] (AFP) Sudan May Expel Peacekeepers: Presidential Advisor

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 16:04:16 EDT

Sudan May Expel Peacekeepers: Presidential Advisor

Posted on Saturday, July 26

Sudan threatened Friday to expel peacekeepers from Darfur if President
Omar al-Bashir is indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal
Court.

 "We are telling the world that with the indictment of our president
al-Beshir we can't be responsible for the wellbeing of foreign forces in
Darfur," Beshir's advisor Bona Malual told reporters in Addis Ababa.

"After that we may ask them to withdraw from our territory," he added.

"We reject this indictment totally," Malual said. "We will not submit
our president to any kind of questioning or answering to a body Sudan is
not part of."