[dehai-news] (Press TV) Bush threatens to invade Sudan without UN approval

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 10:06:37 EDT

Senegal: US might send troops to Sudan

Fri, 18 Jul 2008 05:25:24

 The US president may send troops to Darfur if African leaders fail to
put an end to the region's conflicts, Senegal's president says.

Abdoulaye Wade said on Thursday that George W. Bush had made the
warnings to him, but he did not specify when or in what circumstances.

After the International Criminal Court (ICC) indicted Sudanese President
Omar al-Bashir for war crimes this week, Wade said Bush had 'always
proclaimed loudly and clearly that the United States considered
al-Bashir had committed genocide in Darfur'.

"I've had to transmit to President al-Bashir and to my other African
colleagues President Bush's warnings that if Africa didn't do anything
to end the tragedy in Darfur, the United States could bypass the (United
Nations) Security Council and send contingents to Darfur," Wade said.

"Myself and other African colleagues tried to dissuade him from this and
to convince him to leave us to try to sort out this problem among us
Africans," he concluded.

AGB/MMN