[dehai-news] (UGPULSE.COM -Uganda) Miss East Africa UK 2008: Yenabi Mezghebe from Eritrea

From: Eri-News (er_news@dehai.org)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 15:40:27 EDT

A lot of blood was shed in the process to achieving my people's
freedom and I will always be proud of my heritage.

Asked her 3 Questions:

1. Tell us about your country.
2. Tell us about an organization you choe to work with.
3. If had all the riches in the world, what would you do with your
fortune?

20080705_115_1.jpg

My name is Yenabi. At the moment I work in the post office and do
voluntary youth work. I am representing Eritrea and hopefully I will
represent my country well. I have been told that I am a dreamer and a
bit hard headed. I am proud of both for if they are used hand-in-hand
they will allow me to fulfill my aspirations. I am your typical
African which is kind of scary as I have grown up here and I recently
realised that I think in my native tongue which is unusual for
someone raised here in the UK. I hope to one day be able to change
Africa and have Africa be a leading nation which is looked up to by
other nations the way it once was and hopefully one day Africa will
be known and praised for its equality, fairness, justice system and
leaders who love their countries with a deep passion rather than
greedy ones.

Yenabi Mezghebe

20080705_115_2.jpg

Yenabi Mezghebe.

My country is Eritrea. It is a beautiful country with loving people.
It is found in the horn of Africa and is bordered by Ethiopia, Sudan
and Dijbouti. Eritrea is the youngest nation in Africa and has been
established for 17 years. A lot of blood was shed in the process to
achieving my people's freedom and I will always be proud of my
heritage. There are 9 tribes and each has their own language but the
main languages spoken are Tigrinya and Arabic. Mussolini had wanted
to make Asmara, the Miami of Africa. If you were to see the pictures
of my country's capital you would soon see how he could have
envisioned that. The coast line area of Massawa is a cultural mix and
when trading used to go on there, it was known as the "city of gods"
as it is so majestic.

Yenabi Mezghebe

20080705_115_3.jpg

Yenabi Mezghebe.

One Open Eye is helping children that have been forced to fight in
militia and run armies for a fight which is aimless. It is a problem
which the rest of the world seems to have closed both eyes to.

If I had all the riches in the world I would try to give those in the
developing countries a future by funding the education systems and
creating programmes were people could train to work and eventually be
able to by shares in business or gain enough funds to be able to tap
into their individual countries resources. First published: July 5,
2008 About the Author

www.misseastafrica.co.uk