[dehai-news] Attention Mr. Ronald McMullen:

From: Gabe Gebru (sgebru@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri May 13 2011 - 21:20:33 EDT

Attention Mr. Ronald McMullen:

After reading the leaked cables, I was mesmerized and saddened to say the least. I have lived here in the United States of America for almost thirty years and become naturalized citizen 20 years ago. Throughout my adult life I heard horror stories of how the us conducted its business abroad specially in the third world countries. These leaked cables has convinced me and a lot of skeptics like myself used to defend this country's integrity. Sitting back and thinking what the United States of America has done in these past few years, here are some listings I came up with.

1. America condemns or threatens countries if they are not democratic or obey America. Well come to find out America's democracy is conditional. In the aftermath of 9/11, Democracy was put on hold so the government can do whatever it pleases in the name of terrorism. Here are some of the constitutional violations took place.

a. The government can tap in to your phone without any probable cause.

b. The government can put you in jail indefinitely for suspicion of being a or aiding a terrorist.

c. Deny you a flight or limit your movement because you look like a terrorist or Arab

d. The government can invade, bomb or takeover a country for the same reason.

e. Their diplomats can write trashy detailed letters and send them through cables to the Department of States. E.T.C

99.9% of the terror act took place on 9/11 were Egyptians and Saudi citizens. However these two countries remain America's number one allies in the middle east. But on the flip side of the coin, the United States of America threatens Eritrea if the Somali Ashebab attacks any American interest. What part of Eritrea does not support Somalis didn't you get Mr. McMullen?

Well Mr. McMullen; let me enlightened you on a small but very important detail you missed.

1. Eritrea was the first victim of Al-Qaida terror well before you knew what Al-Qaida was.

2. Eritrea tried to cooperate with this country in trying to get rid of the dangerous Bin Laden when he  was having free ride in the Sudan.

3. Please read below a statement from your own Secretary of Defense at the time Donald Rumsfeld about Eritrea in fighting terrorism.

"Well I'd say that this country has considerably more experience than we do. Over a sustained period of time. And we can benefit from that knowledge and from that experience. And that there's no question but that countries around the world are developing a better understanding of the nature of the threat that exists the nature of the capabilities that those threatening free people all across the globe have and the lethality of those capabilities"

For you to threaten with bombardment like Afghanistan is more like we have the power you don't and there is nothing you can do about it Scenario. Well Eritrea might not have the bombs, planes, or wealth like the United States of America, but do not forget, this tiny country on the horn of Africa has pride and the will and wealth of its people.

In these few years, Lots of things has come to light to show the true colors of the United States of America. Blanket bombardment of innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, torture in prison cells, deplorable treatment of prisoners in Guantanamo bay and these despicable and demeaning cable leaks.

We Eritrean Americans in the Diaspora were trying to force or blame our Eritrean government for not being flexible enough to repair the relationship with the United States of America. After reading these cables not only they tried, but it looked like they probably tried a little too hard.

In conclusion, These classified cable leaks have shade light to America's arrogance and disregard to international accords and norms. I wish and hope more of these leaks come out to see the extent and depth of your shameful thought about Eritrea and its people.

Weldeab Sium

Indianapolis, Indiana