[dehai-news] YPFDJ-DC pay respect to Mothers Day 2011

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2011 - 02:08:33 EDT

YPFDJ-DC host annual mother’s day event with a Bang!

     To most people every day is mother’s day if they love and appreciate
their mother, however in order to mark a special day for mothers each year
in May mother’s day is celebrated throughout the world. In Washington D.C on
this special occasion as has been done by YPFDJ and NUEYS in the past the
tradition continued this past weekend.

     With a traditional theme including the coffee ceremony as well as food
and drinks members of YPFDJ-DC treated the mothers to a special gathering.
As if the beautiful spring weather was not enough, the Eritrean mothers
mostly from the metro D.C area were being pampered by the youth along with
special gifts provided by YPFDJ-DC courtesy of a young Eritrean businessman
Thomas Musa. The mothers received beautiful “Finjal” traditional mini coffee
cups with a bag of coffee beans inside to go along with it.

     The day ended with a cake cutting ceremony as most everyone at the
mother’s day event had to also be at the fourth Mekhete for the metro D.C
area which took place two and half hours later at another location in DC.

     The YPFDJ-DC would like to congratulate all mothers and especially
Eritrean mothers and those mothers who attended the event for being our
leaders of the community our protectors from evil and our guiding light
during times of need and for being who you are everyday. We appreciate you.

Happy mother’s day and please see the YouTube link from the mother’s day
event that took place this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Eritrea09#p/u/0/uyIjGXw4jdQ

YPFDJ-DC Media group.