[dehai-news] Lela with Lela Kiflom from Eri-TV: A Rising Eritrean Artist

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2011 - 00:08:59 EDT

Lela with Lela Kiflom from Eri-TV: A Rising Eritrean artist

     For Eritrean musical star Lela Kiflom the year 2007 has been the
re-launching point for her musical career and ever since then she has not
looked backwards. She has proven that she was worthy of being a top-notch
singer in the Eritrean musical scene. Born in 1988 at the height of the big
battles that took place in the war for independence to a martyred father and
a mother who was a fierce freedom fighter in the town of Ararib, Northern
Red Sea region, Lela grew up liking music and went to Asmara music school to
study musical instruments. Her mother encouraged her as she preferred that
Lela sing. Lela’s career came to a halt after her mother passed away in
2001. As she had to tend to her younger sister and struggle to make ends
meet, Lela was doing odd jobs and continued to help her sister making sure
she attended college. An amazing story that needs to be told to all
Eritreans. She is an inspiration and a person who must get support from
Eritreans and friends of Eritreans. She exemplifies what Eritrea is about
and she also accepts and shares the fact that Eritreans were her guardians.

     I personally felt very emotional by Lela’s interview after a friend
told me about her. My feelings were very strong towards her ability to be
who she is despite the obstacles she had. Not only was she deprived of both
of her parents, but also having to live a life full of responsibilities for
herself and her younger sister makes her a very incredible individual. Her
perseverance in life has allowed her to be on the spotlight through her
musical journey as we speak. There is no doubt in my mind that she will
succeed in her career as a singer. What makes her even more unique is the
fact that she can sing in three important Eritrean languages Tigrigna,
Arabic, and Tigre uniting the people of Eritrea closer to one another. Her
humble interview with such a polite behavior makes her a gem. I believe the
interview has all her details and I urge everyone to post it on websites and
tell young people to learn from her. She is an amazing talent and hopefully
will continue to be the best that she can be as she grows in her musical
journey to success. Here below is the link to her interview and since it is
not on You Tube make sure you pass on BLIP TV and East Afro link from ERI-TV
to as many people as we can so that she can get the recognition she so
deserves.

East Afro Link

http://eastafro.com/Post/2011/04/28/video-interview-with-eritrean-artist-lela-kiflom/

Blip TV Link

http://blip.tv/file/5080540

May god be with her and Thank you Lela for being who you are. On the
occasion of the 20th year anniversary, I want to say to you Congratulations
and Awet N’ Hafash. Zelalemawi zikri n’ swatna!

Mike Seium