[dehai-news] (Supersport.com) U23 team heads to Eritrea

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2011 - 11:26:37 EDT

http://supersport.com/football/kenya/news/110415/U23_team_heads_to_Eritrea
U23 team heads to Eritrea
------------------------------
by Collins Okinyo 15 April 2011, 13:27

The Kenya under 23 National team will depart for Eritrea on Saturday for the
first leg encounter of their All Africa Games qualifying match against the
hosts Eritrea in Asmara on Sunday.

Head coach Bob Oyugi said the contingent of 18 players and five officials
will depart from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport early Saturday. The
team wrapped up its preparations with a 3-1 win over Kenyan Premier League
side City Stars 3-1 on Wednesday.

"We are well prepared and want to go all out. My main objective will be to
attack but if we cannot get a win a scoring draw will good so that when we
come back home we can finish off the Eritreans and move to the next round."

Oyugi told SuperSport.com he was not worried by the absence of the KPL
players saying the conditions set by the league had made it possible for him
to incorporate them, "The Kenyan Premier League wanted to release players to
only two days before the clash but I found it difficult since they needed
time to blend in with the rest of the team as we needed the players to be
with us for more than two weeks but we have talented players so we should be
ok."

The team draws most of it members from the team that won the under 17 Cecafa
championship held in Rwanda early in January with the likes of Bruno
Charles,Vincent Otieno,Martin Lemeiyan,Martin Nairoka,Collins Shivachi and
Abdul Malik Mohammed expected to make the final squad.