[dehai-news] Eritrean Community Center of Minnesota

From: Essey A. (essey001@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 18:40:35 EST

To all Eritreans in Minnesota,

The Eritrean Community Center of Minnesota is hosting a special event this
coming weekend (Saturday, March 26th 2011) to welcome Eritrean immigrants
that recently arrived to Minnesota. Please join us as we meet and greet our
compatriots who traveled thousands of miles and crossed insurmountable
obstacles – just as we had done years earlier - to join us in America.

We hope to have a community round table discussion to share our collective
immigration experiences with our newly arrived countrymen. We will also
attempt to alleviate the confusion and fears our brothers and sisters might
have which is associated with immigration, new culture and language.

We will need your participation to welcome our new community members, make
them comfortable help them in whatever way we can.

There is no cost associated with this event and everyone is welcome. Free
Food and drinks will also be served.

What: Welcoming new Eritrean immigrants to our community
When: March 26, 2011, 12:00Pm – 8:00PM
Where: Eritrean Community Center of Minnesota

The Eritrean community Center of Minnesota will also be hosting a cultural
show and a silent auction on Saturday, April 16th 2011, at the community
center of Minnesota. Music, fashion show and food will be available
highlighting Eritrea's distinct cultural diversity. It is $20.00 to get in
and everything is included with that fee. There will also be a silent
auction to raise funds for the community center. featured on the auction
are, traditional Eritrean clothing, handcrafts, artwork and other items.

Everyone is welcome!

Please look at the attached flier for more details.

The Eritrean community radio at KFAI, 90.3 FM in MPLS and 106.7 FM in St.
Paul (http://www.kfai.org/eritreancommunityradio) is having its annual
pledge drive. Please help KFAI Radio and the Eritrean community Radio by
pledging to help and becoming a member. KFAI is a listener supported radio
station and your help is crucial. If you pledge on the web, please donate on
behalf of the Eritrean Community Radio.

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Eritrean Community Center of Minnesota