[dehai-news] Message from Eritrea Embassy in Tokyo

From: Embassy of the State of Eritrea (publicrelations@eritreaembassy-japan.org)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2011 - 08:19:48 EST

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am typing this message from a broken PC in my residence in Musashi
Koyama, Tokyo. Thank you for all your messages of concern, the embassy
and all the staffs are alright.

I have been to many troubled spots in this planet in my life. I have
witnessed one of the worst prisons on earth, the biggest battlefields
that ever happened in Africa and the Middle East. Even though these
events are man made and very different in nature to the March 11, 2011
earthquake in Japan, I believe, they all have one thing in common and
i.e. humanism.

Therefore, please allow me to express, at this particular moment, my
heartfelt sympathy to all Japanese and other nationals affected by
this unfortunate disaster. I have to say, loud and clear, that I have
witnessed in this sad moment the unparallelled resilience and patience
of the Japanese people. I simply can't compare these dignified,
patient, courageous humanity, humanism and an appropriate and
scientific disaster management to any other that I ever witnessed in
the past.
Dear friends and collegues, my thoughts and sympathies are with you
and the Government of Japan during this difficult moment. Humanity has
a lot to learn from the lessons of the Japanese.

Yours truly,

ESTIFANOS Afeworki, Ambassador

ERITREA/Tokyo

The Embassy of the State of Eritrea to Japan
http://www.eritreaembassy-japan.org/index.html
4-7-4 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo, #108-0071