[dehai-news] [Dallas-YPFDJ] Big Brother Big Sister March Workshop

From: YPFDJ DALLAS (ypfdjdallas@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2011 - 17:07:48 EST

 **
*[image: bbbs.jpg]*

The hopes & aspirations of the Eritrean BBBS program is to link high school
students with professionals and college students in a career that the high
schooler wants to pursue- but is not restricted to a career match,
since some high school students don't know what career they are interested
in. We hope to match them with a positive role model of the same
gender...and we are hoping those positive role models can be some of you!
The other part of the program is a Saturday workshop that will occur the
second Saturday of every month.

The workshops will consist of:
- SAT Prep
- College Prep
- Public Speaking workshop
- Critical thinking
- Guest speakers

*
~The program will be absolutely **FREE** and lunch will be provided for the
students.**~*

The workshops will be fun and interactive, and will hopefully be a great
supplement for the high schoolers. Again, the purpose of the program is to
give young students access to any academic and career goals they have- by
linking them with people that have already achieved these goals, we hope to
make it easier for them to succeed!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or how to become a mentor please
contact:
*Mengesha Tekle*
Eri BBBS Commitee Chair

(214) 797-9427