[dehai-news] I enjoy you - Eritrea!

From: awetnayu@hotmail.com
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 10:19:31 EDT

I enjoy you - Eritrea!

Amanuel Biedemariam

The musical drama Me-Se-J or Melikti Serawit Jigna, a Tigrigna expression
meaning: the message from the Eritrean Defense Forces is BRAVERY (jigninet)
said it all. It was a true handoff or passing of the torch to the young
generation. It is fitting for a nation that just turned 19 to hand its youth
the responsibility by offloading the load from the shoulders of the Ghedli generation. This generation gave Eritrea freedom, safeguarded the nation from
deceitful attempt to re-colonize Eritrea, provided the necessary
social and physical infrastructures, created human resources development
mechanisms and bestowed the nation a social psych that will serve as a
trajectory for the blossoming future of this miraculous nation.

I enjoy the fact that Eritrean leaders are consciously
seeking the youth inside and outside of the country encouraging them to take
ownership of their future. It is a glaring fact around the world including in
the most advanced countries that the youth are feared and marginalized. In most
Western countries, activities of youth are always a source of concern. This is
also true in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda,
Saudi Arabia,
and many countries around the world. Contrary to the image the desperate
corners want to portray, Eritrea
is rearing, encouraging, embracing, and educating her youth to take ownership.
And the efforts are paying off big time because the youth have embraced the
challenge and accepted the burden of carrying freedom over for generations to
come. That is what this Independence Day showed.

I enjoy the fact that Eritrea can hatch talent and display
it en-masse for the world to see. From the very little that endears the Kobero (traditional drums) with delight,
to the up-and-coming stars and, those who have embraced stardom with grace. I
enjoy the fact that this generation knows their history, have embraced their
history, understand deeply the challenges their parents overcame and know fully
the challenges that await them. They understand deeply what it will take to put
them in par with the rest of the developed world.

I enjoy the fact that Eritrea is a blessing for the youth
because it gives the youth purpose, a challenge (seemingly insurmountable
challenge), a way of life and joy. Nowhere in the world do you see a military
training facility turning into an epicenter of growth and attraction for youth
from around the world, just in SAWA. The youth from the US, Germany,
Italy, Saudi Arabia, all over the Middle
 East and around the globe is going to SAWA to join their fellow
youth, to encourage them and to enrich their own lives in return.

It was a blessing in disguise that, the parents of Eritrean
youth had to go through hell to realize the seemingly insurmountable challenge
of yanking-away a nation from the hands of super powers and their intoxicated
slaves. They are lucky to come from a generation that seeded a seed of a nation
that is gritty, witty, resilient, uncompromising, brave and simply brilliant.
They came from a generation that knew the true meaning of sacrifice for a
nation, for each other, and their future; a generation that understood its
place in the world, region and history; a generation that understood what it
takes to establish a nation from inside out with hard work. They are lucky, extremely
lucky and blessed, that their heroes are their fathers and mothers who have
seen death and through-it the promise of life for the sake of the youth that is
today.

I enjoy seeing Eritrea humble, so mature it puts
the “civilized” word to shame. I enjoy seeing Eritrea that is so unique at
expressing her true nature in millions of ways. Eritrea always handles and
expresses her challenges joyfully, colorfully and beautifully. It is doubly
rewarding when all the collective positive experiences are establishing
layers

of historic foundations that will serve future generations.
For example, the pharmaceutical industry that is ready to blossom in Eritrea
was a product of needs during the struggle for liberation. They established
capacity from scratch in caves and now they are ready to export to the world.
We can talk about military, education, farming, medicine and human resources
development; it is all generic, organic and indigenous. I enjoy the fact that
has turned out to be the salvation of a nation. Self Reliance!

I enjoy the fact that Eritrea has the capacity to express
herself collectively and in one voice. You can talk to a 10-year-old child and
85-year-old man or a woman in Eritrea,
you will hear the same feeling expressed. They will tell you, the world has
betrayed us, that we are on our own and YES, WE CAN DO IT, not a doubt of that
fact. I enjoy the fact that, that is a key motivating factor and no matter what
they try to do, as the saying goes” The
Camel will march, as the DOGS bark!”

I enjoy the fact that enough time has elapsed for shaking
(mHquan) to take place and expose the true Eritreans from the bubbles and
bubblers. I enjoy seeing and hearing these bubblers squirm during Eritrean
independence celebrations and the fact that there is nothing, they can do about
it. I enjoy the fact that they breathe, or try to breathe with the lungs of the
enemy from three and half internet websites. I truly enjoy the fact that Eritrea keeps the losers who felt they could
make Eritrea
their purpose for living at the end of their traitorous lives, away and for
good. I enjoy the fact that these desperados have stood out like sore thumbs
and that they are irredeemable discards, and irrelevant, destined to the dustbin
of history.

Most importantly, I enjoy the fact that I come from a nation
that believes and knows no matter what, she is always going to prevail. She
knows she is going to prevail because the odds that she overcame to get here
are simply beyond the capacity of humanly expressions. It is unmatched by any
nation in our surroundings. It is a miracle, a blessing and sheer doggedness
that a nation blossomed, a nation that knows how to balance it all.

I am proud to come from a nation that believes; the
challenge before us is nothing compared to what we went through and that no
matter what there is nothing any power can do to stop Eritrea from marching
forward.

I enjoy the fact that I come from a nation that have five
million leaders, leaders that could all share stage at once and feel special in
the role that they play for the defense and betterment of the nation. I enjoy
the fact that Eritreans are very classy, attentive and disciplined. They are
the epitome of civility in a world where those who claim to be civilized are
acting uncivilized.

I am full of joy to be from a nation that embraces her past
as a virtue and a lever, and a nation that uses the past not as a vice but
inspiration. I enjoy the fact that those who fought know, that what they fought
was worth every effort and blood. That the nation they fought to bring about
turned out to have a unique and a powerful voice that the world cannot afford
to ignore. She turned out a country that marches in the arena of world
diplomacy in the true spirit of the camel that marched for freedom.

Most importantly, what I enjoy most is the fact that this
nation is moving together and on the same direction in honor of our martyrs.
February 22nd should serve as evidence that no nation in the world
could come together for the same purpose the way Eritreans can. Eritreans
marched in a synchronized fashion on the same day to show solidarity with their
government, and to cry foul to a world that is playing games in the name of
justice and security. I was fortunate to have witnessed how Eritreans can come
together in a very short period. Just a little story to drive the point:
the march that took place on February 22 was supposed to have taken place on
February 15 a week earlier. However, a bright mind alerted the committee that
February 15 was Presidents Day and that no one will be in DC. In less than a
month notice, Eritreans adjusted their date to coincide with that of DC and
marched in unison around the globe on February 22 making history.

What February 22 showed was that the investment Eritreans
made during the struggle became a branch of the Eritrean tree that is rooted
deep into the foundation they bestowed. This foundation is serving as core
strength in the Eritrean heart. Eritrea
knows that she has arrived. Eritreans know there is nothing that can stop them.
That is the reason why, even when surrounded by primitive surroundings, they
can still stand atop the mountaintop and believe they are.

"Nihna aykonan halefti megedi, nihna aykonan n'egri
megedi, nehna ena ba'lina ba'lina eti megedi nihna nayza adi beza adi!."

Awet N-Hafash

Happy 19th Independence Day Eritrea

Nkid Tiray/Segum

Awetnayu@hotmail.com