[dehai-news] (AAFM) Hundreds attend the Abraham Afewerki Foundation for Music Fundraising Event

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Thu May 06 2010 - 22:36:52 EDT

(AAFM) Hundreds attend the Abraham Afewerki Foundation for Music Fundraising Event

May 06, 2010

On May 01, 2010, The Abraham Afewerki Foundation for Music (AAFM) held its third fundraiser event in Washington DC at the Capital Hilton hotel. The event was attended by hundreds of supporters from the Washington D.C. area as well as those who traveled from far places.

The event was also attended by His Excellency Ambassador Ghirmay Gebremariam and Mr. Berhane Ghebrehiwet, head of Public and Community Affairs at the Eritrean Embassy, along with Abraham Afewerki's family members and other invited guests.

The event included live entertainment and a video reportage on AAFMs work was streamed through the giant screens setup for the event. The video showed the Wari musical performing group that is made up of young students getting the benefit of education on basic musical concept provided by the Abraham Afewerki Foundation for Music in cooperation with Asmara Music School.

The live entertainment was provided by Eritrean artists that included Selam Seyoum (Guitarist, Washington DC), Feruz Gebremskel (Vocalist, Asmara), Hagos Berhane (Vocalist/Guitarist, Washington DC), Sami Berhane (Vocalist/Guitarist, Washington DC) , Aaron Kibreab (Vocalist/Kirar, Las Vegas, NV), Michael Goitom (Vocalist/kirar, Los Angeles, CA ), Mulugeta "Wedi Zager" (Vocalist/Kirar, Washington DC), Amanuel Kehasse (Vocalist/Krar), Dawit Tesfamariam (saxophonist, Washington, DC), Michael Goitom (Vocalist, Los Angeles, CA ), Moetesim "Arbisha" Aden (Conga drummer, Washington, DC), Rusom "Wedi Afro" Tesfai (Keyboardist, Minnesota), Salahadin Abubeker (Bass Guitarist, Washington, DC), Solomon "Solo" Ekwukoma (Drummer, Washington, DC), Teklit Aaron (saxophonist, Seattle, WA), Temesgen "Pupa" Isack (Keyboardist, Washington, DC). The event was lead by Mike "Lingo" Berhane.

AAFM expresses its gratitude to all the artists that lend their time and talent in order to make this event possible, we appreciate their continued support. Special thanks also goes to artists Helen Meles and Walid Saeed of London for their support.

We would also like to thank local businesses and charitable individuals that helped with sponsoring the event for us through generous donations. We extend our special thanks to Mr. Mike Schneider, Director of Catering, and the Capital Hilton Hotel for providing us with continued assistance for all the fundraising events we held at the hotel.

AAFM thanks websites that helped us in putting the word out, in that regard we are grateful to www.dehai.org, www.eastafro.com, and www.raimoq.com.

We greatly appreciate the tireless work of all the videographers lead by Robel Yohaness. Special thanks goes to Habte Zelo for providing superb Audio-Visual service.

Proceeds from the fundraiser are to benefit AAFMs charity work.

To view pictures click on http://www.negarit.org/