[dehai-news] Garoweonline.com: Somalia: Al Shabaab insurgents accuse Americans of mosque bombing

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 07:55:41 EDT

Somalia: Al Shabaab insurgents accuse Americans of mosque bombing
May 5, 2010 - 8:59:27 AM

A senior official of Somalia's radical Islamist group Al-Shabaab, who was
target of Mogadishu mosque blast that killed several people have accused
American security companies of the attacks.

Sheikh Fu'ad Muhammad Khalaf aka Shongolo accused the Xe, formerly of Black
Water, whom he alleges to based at Mogadishu airport of being behind the
blast, adding that he would have been happier if he died with his followers.

"I would have preferred to be martyred with my followers and guards rather
than speaking to you now," he said while sturdily accusing Somali
transitional government of abetting Xe in the act.

The Islamist leader said Americans and its allies are not happy with his
existence and would not allow the realization of an Islamic state in
Somalia, ambition which he says would make him die for.

"We want to implement Islamic Sharia law in this country, and we would not
rest until we fulfill this ambition," he noted in front of hundreds of his
supporters in Mogadishu.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks, which attracted
condemnation from all quarters of the war-torn Somalia.

A powerful insurgency that pitted the Western-backed government and Islamist
fighters since 2007 has claimed the lives of over 21, 000 civilians.