[dehai-news] [Layne Tadess - LT] THE ERITREAN REGGAE PRINCE!

From: Araia G. Ephrem (agephrem@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2010 - 16:01:32 EDT

AN ERITREAN REGGAE PRINCE

PAGE LINK: http://mestyat.com/LT_eri.html

It was in August 2007 that I met Layne Tadesse [LT] in person. I never heard of him until the day he showed up in Los Angeles to support a young Eritrean-Canadian girl's Hollywood competition encouragement party. Noami Mahdere of Calgary, Canada; was competing in Hollywood, and Aron Tadesse of Culver City, CA; was helping out providing his facility to accommodate the party we coordinated. It was a Tuesday evening. Of course, Kibrom Tekeste of KBA Vision and I hopped in the car and drove from Oakland to Culver city to encourage Noami Mahdere of Calgary. Feven Yohannes; POP singer and song writer from Los Angeles; was excited to host the young Eritrean-Canadian artist that evening. She was being a big sister for the 12 years old Eritrean-Canadian contender.

With the exception of Kibrom, I never met these people in person, only over the internet. And that evening, I was introduced to Layne Tadesse [LT] whom I never heard of before. I learnt that he was a Reggae artist. Frankly, I was not into Reggae so much, so I assumed the "Jah ... Ras Tafari Reggae" stuff. Therefore, I was not ready for what hit me when LT took the stage. LT blew my expectations!

When LT [Layne Tadesse], takes the stages, don’t say anything. It is spiritual, and therefore, let the prince of Reggae say it on your behalf. You just have to be ready to
have your head knocked so passionately that you may not even wish any intoxication after wards.

What makes LT so powerful is, his sincerity to the Reggae art and Eritrea. He is so dedicated of an Eritrean, that any one gets contaminated with his passion. Touch Layne Tadesse, and you acquired a passion for the art of Reggae translated Eritrean.

There is no magical way to explain LT. He is just the right brother! Just listen when he shouts “Ere-Erena” Or “Reaching Out”. You be the judge!

The angels of music hoover over us. And what is remarkably intoxicating is that none of Layne Tadess has an attitude. He is just humble - typical Eritrean. Respectful, caring, dedicated and all. And I started counting LT as a brother.

The land I call Eritrea has musical angels hoovering over it. They all love her. Glory!

PAGE LINK: http://mestyat.com/LT_eri.html

God/Allah Bless Eritrea!
Glory to Our Martyrs!

Araia G. Ephrem