[dehai-news] Re: [DEHAI] Why does Johnnie Carson contiues to lie and lie with inpunity?

From: Zeyhilel@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 07 2010 - 21:16:37 EST

Selam Dehaiers,

Well, the smart Eritrean lady cornered US Assistant Secretary for Affairs
of Sub-Sahara Africa Johnnie Carson and he tried to get out of the corner
by citing the old accusation against the Government of Eritrea: That Eritrea
has been holding for the last 10 years Eritrean citizens that worked in
the US Embassy in Asmara without charging them. I hope nobody was fooled by
the lip service of Johnnie Carson. While the US Embassy was lodging such an
accusation against the GoE some ten years ago, the government of Ethiopia
was expelling, empty handed, over 70,000 Eritreans who resided in Ethiopia
for decades and the US government, the bank roller of the Woyane government
and the Super Power with interests in the stability of the Horn of Africa,
looked the other way. Correction: I think the US Embassy offered $25,000
towards the settlement of these refugees in Eritrea. $25,000, mind you!!

Nonetheless, whether the Secretary was exploiting the accusation or not,
it goes without saying that NO human being should be kept behind bars
anywhere without being charged and having his day in court. Such an act by any
state, or organization, is simply barbarous --
and counter productive.

Zeyhilel
“Stubborn and ardent clinging to one's
opinion is the best proof of stupidity.”...
.............. Michel de Montaigne

Hello Dehaiers,

I just can't get over this Assistant Secretary of State for African
Affairs' repeated lies after lies about how his efforts to establish "a positive
relationship" with Eritrea were "spurned," and how his "repeated" visa
requests to Eritera have been "denied," "rebuffed" or whatever have you. It is
rediculous that this person contiunes to lie without any challenges and
that the Obama Adminstraion contiues to rely on this guy's input.

On February 17, 2010, I and two other Eritreans, attended what was
advetised as "Lecture with Ambassador Johnnie Carson" at the Elliott School of
Internatial Affairs in Gerogetown University in Washington, D.C. The lecture
was delivered to more that 60 individuals, including Professor, Graduate
students and Department of State employees, and others like us..:-) The
video is about 1 hr, but turst me, it is woth every minute...

Please watch and listen to the video of this lecture and also the very
challenging question by Adiam, a young Eritrean that challenged him, and how
he tried to lie his way out of her question.

Enjoy,

_http://www.gwu.edu/~elliott/news/multimedia/tb/carson_021810.html?keepThis=
true&TB_iframe=true&height=520&width=522_
(http://www.gwu.edu/~elliott/news/multimedia/tb/carson_021810.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=520&wid
th=522)

Haile A.

Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. _Sign up
now._ (http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/) =