[dehai-news] Shabait.com: An open message to the sanctions designers

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Feb 14 2010 - 05:41:54 EST

An open message to the sanctions designers

Friday, 12 February 2010 10:48 | Written by Shabait Admin |
<http://www.shabait.com/section-blog/40-editorial/1077-an-open-message-to-th
e-sanctions-designers-?format=pdf> PDF
<http://www.shabait.com/section-blog/40-editorial/1077-an-open-message-to-th
e-sanctions-designers-?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=> Print
<http://www.shabait.com/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy
5zaGFiYWl0LmNvbS9zZWN0aW9uLWJsb2cvNDAtZWRpdG9yaWFsLzEwNzctYW4tb3Blbi1tZXNzYW
dlLXRvLXRoZS1zYW5jdGlvbnMtZGVzaWduZXJzLQ%3D%3D> E-mail

The US Administration has been attempting to extend its tentacles over the
world in a task that is unfeasible and unrealistic. In fact, the task the US
administration has at hand is so impractical that it has begun to resort to
acts of futility. Nowadays, the US Administration has effectively turned the
Security Council into its mouthpiece, with an utter disregard of the values
upon which the council was formed. Hence the unjust Resolution 1907 reflects
the defeatist state-of-mind of the US Administration.

The two objectives that the resolution is thought to acquire are:

1. Demonizing the Government of Eritrea and its leader who are
challenging the flawed policies of the US administration that are designed
through fabricating false accusations and allegations so as to isolate them
from the population.

2. To quell the people of Eritrea that is registering economic miracles,
beyond those who depend from handouts, through hard work and toil evading
political serfdom and economic dependency and become good example to others.

As the saying has it: "If you step four times on a stone and fall, you are
the stone". Hence, the enemies of the Eritrean people are not endowed with a
thoughtful mind. Because they do not know the people of Eritrea, they are
creating obstacles again and again on the basis of erroneous and distorted
information. The people of Eritrea have never fallen hostages to the
numerous political and economic maneuvers of their enemies, in times of war
or in times of peace. Our awareness is much higher than their pathetic
ploys; hence our bond with our government and leadership grows stronger by
the day.
The campaign to demonize our leader has been ineffectual. In fact, it has
become overly apparent that the president has a special place in the hearts
and minds of Eritreans. The heated denunciation of the people of Eritrea
against the unjust sanctions resolution by the Security Council attests to
that. An open message to the sanctions designers!