[dehai-news] Remembering Haiti: Thank you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

From: michael seium (michael.seium@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 10:24:57 EST

     *We know times are tough for everyone with the economy as well as the
many other obstacles facing the world today. As Eritreans we always stand up
for our land of origin and we fight with our sword of The truth. However
today while we think of the unjust sanctions against our Eritrea, let us
take a small time out to remember the earth quake victims of the nation of
Haiti. I bring this up first and foremost because it is our humanitarian
obligation to support with what ever we can victims of such a disaster. I
also want to remind Eritreans that Haiti was a country who stood up for
Eritrea and saved our nation from being divided during the scramble for
Africa. Just as the betrayal that has taken place a couple of weeks ago at
the UN in 1949 T**he UN General Assembly voted by two-thirds majority to
partition Eritrea but thanks to a surprise vote by Haiti, Eritrea was saved
from partition as a decisive Haitian vote, put a stop to a decision of the
General Assembly on the partition of Eritrea which became null and void. The
question of Eritrea was to be subjected to another review. Thank you to the
people of Haiti and let's keep them in our prayers during these times.
Support and help with what you can.*
*
*
*Thanks,*