[dehai-news] New York New Year's Party & Ambassador Briefing

From: Bordoli Kiflai (ny.bordoli.kiflai@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 22:14:05 EST

The New Year’s party thrown by YPFDJ-NY was conducted in a patriotic
manner. The event, as do all of our events, started out with a moment
of silence for all of our martyrs (Zikri Sematat) and continued on
with the rest of the program which included a briefing by HE,
Ambassador Araia Desta, performances by Hidri and new music sensation
Afworki Teshome.

The ambassador gave a timely update on the unjust sanctions, the true
motives behind it and what it means for all of us. Following that,
YPFDJ-NY promoted the E-SMART (Eritrean Sanctions Must be Annulled and
Repealed Today) campaign and collected signatures for the petition.

Despite some technical difficulties, Afworki gave a sensational
performance in the gwayla singing classic songs such as “libay” and
“n’adayay.” Not to be outdone, Hidri, which means promise in
Tigrinya, showed us how truly talented the next generation of
Eritreans is. For the cultural preservation of our beloved country,
the group sang the legendary song "tsinatna" and followed up with a
Bilen dance.

History repeats itself over and over again. That being said,
regardless of the amount of hurdles thrown at us and how powerful it
is… WE PROVE OVER AND OVER AGAIN, in the end, Eritrea still prevails!

Wetru Wefri Warsai Yikealo
Awet N’Hafash