[dehai-news] (ST) The reality and the mischief of the UN sanction on Eritrea

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 11:21:45 EST

The reality and the mischief of the UN sanction on Eritrea

Wednesday 30 December 2009 05:55....

By Ibrahim A. Ibrahim

December 29, 2009 - To find out what is happening with in the circle of
"yes" men and scratch my back I will scratch yours simply visit the
UNSC. UNSC as is known it is made of 15 countries, with in them the 5
countries are also called permanent members with the VETO power in their
hands. The other ten countries supposedly to be representing their
regions and or continents.

In reality however there are only 5 permanent members who do what they
say and what they want. The rest is mostly cosmetic.

With in the 5 permanent members though there is a chemistry of common
denomination. That is "you owe me" or "I owe you" a favor. Unless they
have a direct and serious interest of one of the five nations that is
willing to forcefully fight most of the time resolutions passes
unanimously.

The funniest thing is the way a draft prepared. In most cases the draft
is prepared by either one or two permanent members, however sometimes as
a means of ploy they use their "yes" men to play as actors of owning a
draft proposition. Behind the seen it has to be dictated by the main
players.

Eritrea has been one of the victims that has to be as a card of paying
back some one who owed someone, and a big deal for those who serve as
the rule of military, "do as ordered by your commanders without any
question or delay." In this case the primary beneficiary is the minority
regime in Ethiopia. Ethiopia as is known has taken one after the other
orders from their commanders to ignite war against Eritrea and invade a
sovereign nation Somalia. The gains that the minority regime in Ethiopia
hoped to get from Eritrea, by implementing the orders given to them was
dashed by the gallant citizen of Eritrea in the field and under the rule
of law. Yet the commanders had to reward them either way, provided
implementing another disastrous mission that cost the Ethiopian regimes
army of over 10,000 and Somali citizens mayhem death and displacement.

It is for these reason that Ethiopia's minority regime has been rewarded
as their Christmas wish against Eritreans.

Not only that, they have been told to simply ignore the rule of law by
occupying a sovereign nations land. (The inaction of not vacating
Eritrea's land will have dire consequence.)

The UNSC however, were keen to use the scratch my back to scratch yours
and I owe you, you owe me methodology. This kind of mockery at the UNSC
is a shame. The UNSC should have been the place, to assure the rule of
law is respected, and those who acted evil like the regimes in Addis to
be punished. In contradiction to the will of the peace loving people of
our region and others, the injustice took place against the country who
spoke loudly and proudly for justice.

Needles to mention, Eritrea is not going to be deterred under ill
advised methods to undermine it from the rooted stand for the betterment
and peace of the region, and from its strategic independent ideology.

Eritrea will not be affected from elevating the standard of living of
its citizen; will work undeterred and undisrupted in its short and long
term plans to fully restore the full fledged human dignity of its
citizens and its neighboring countries.

* The author is the Former Bank of Eritrea Administrator currently
resides in United States of America. He can be reached at
Ibrahim_Ibrahim@experienceworks.org