[dehai-news] Mareeg.com: Al-Shabab describes the decision of the Cabinet something "ridiculous"

From: Berhane Habtemariam (Berhane.Habtemariam@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 07:23:59 EST

Al-Shabab describes the decision of the Cabinet something "ridiculous"

11.03.2009

Several armed groups have said they will stop fighting the government if
sharia was implemented, but al-Shabab rejected the plan.

"We will not recognize the outcome of apostate cabinet ministers and
apostate parliamentarians," said Sheik Hassan Ya'kub the secretary
information of al-Shabab.

"We want an Islamic government that does not have the support of the United
Nations and Ethiopia," he added.

He said that they will not accept a government that Burundian and Ugandan
troops are keeping guard, but the spokesman of Hizbul Islam (Islamic party),
an alliance of four groups that control parts of the capital and have
influence in the port town of Kismayo Muse Abdi Aralle said they will wait
from the government to fulfill its commitment.

"We were fighting for the sharia to be implemented, so we are waiting from
them to carry out their promise," said Muse Aralle.

Thousands of Somalis have been killed in battles between armed groups and
pro-government forces in the past two years.

In 2006, the Islamic Courts Union took over the capital Mogadishu and much
of the south before Ethiopian troops supporting the shaky UN-backed
government chased them from power.

The Ethiopians left Somalia at the beginning of this year as part of a peace
deal and parliament elected Sheik Ahmed Sheik Sharif as president in January