[dehai-news] (BIA) Eritrea's women's basketball team to participate in Zone-5 tournament

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2009 - 11:58:03 EST

"The championship will be staged at the newly refurbished Amahoro Indoor
Stadium and is expected to attract a host of countries ranging from
Egypt, Kenya, Ethiopia, Burundi, Eritrea, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda and
Rwanda."

RWANDA : ANC 2009: U.S. based players boost female national Team

Three foreign based Rwandan players have added steel to the national
ladies basketball team ahead of the Africa Zone-5 basketball
championship qualifiers slated for February 23-1 March in Kigali,
Rwanda.

The trio includes: Dominique Mwiza and Jamie Isaro from the United
States of America and Mireille Karangwa from Portugal.
According to Innocent Karuhije, technical advisor to the Rwanda
basketball federation (Ferwaba), the trio is part of six foreign based
players who have been summoned to the provisional team.
"Already, three have arrived and they are on a very good level. We are
now waiting for the other lot to arrive," he said. The remaining three
players will come from Canada, France and the US respectively.

In 2007, Rwanda was not up to the task after a dull show in the
three-nation competition. The country finished third behind Burundi and
eventual champions Kenya.
However, after a promising performance from APR in last year's African
Club championships that were held in Kenya, Karuhije expects a lot from
the national side in the Zone-5 tournament
"We have a mixture of quality and experience in the team so I'm sure we
shall do well in the championship," the official said.

The championship will be staged at the newly refurbished Amahoro Indoor
Stadium and is expected to attract a host of countries ranging from
Egypt, Kenya, Ethiopia, Burundi, Eritrea, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda and
Rwanda.

By Julius Mbaraga

http://basket-in-africa.blogspot.com/2009/02/rwanda-anc-2009-us-based-pl
ayers-boost.html