[dehai-news] (Red Bluff Daily News, California ) Yosief Indrias, an Eritrean artist to participate in an Art Reception

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2009 - 09:09:43 EST

Special to the Daily News
Updated: 01/27/2009 02:00:47 PM PST

   African art, dance art, travel memoirs in paintings, and an emerging
photographic artist will be featured in the Last Night Reception on Friday,
January 30, from 5-8 PM, at the Red Bluff Art Gallery, 516 Walnut.

Frank Kitchen, a senior member of the Los Molinos community, has recent
photographs featured in the Miniature Gallery.

Kitchen s work uniquely captures the spirit of the Tehama County landscape.

He uses a careful eye capturing color and perspective in absorbing photos.

Two African artists will be featured in the exhibit. Adams Dauda is a member
of the Africana Dance Ensemble in Ghana. His work consists of eye-catching
and colorful acrylics painted on the back of rice bags.

The motion of his figures, seen dancing and drumming, appear to come alive
right in front of the viewer.

Yosief Indrias (http://www.redbluffartgallery.com/featured.htm), the "Rebel
Painter", is from Eritrea in North East Africa. His work relies on
historical and religious symbols, and he adds verve to the work through his
use of color.

"Yosief s work has reminded me of how my own work was influenced when I
lived in Eritrea," says Phil Dynan, Co-Director of the Red Bluff Art
Gallery. "Color became the focus of my work after I returned from working in
Africa. It gives life to so many paintings, and inspires the viewer to look
at everything in life a little differently."

Lu Parish, a member of the Red Bluff Art Association, has an engrossing
exhibition of paintings from her travels to China, Africa, Europe,
the Philippine.

There will be a closing night reception from 5p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday. People
can stop by during Gallery hours, 11-5, weekdays. More information is
available at 529-1332.