[dehai-news] (BBC) Tadese, Kipchoge battle to be televised live on BBC1, Saturday

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 15:54:24 EST

Runners to descend on city park

 Friday, 9 January 2009

Thousands of runners are to compete in this year's Bupa Great Winter Run
during Edinburgh's 5km race around Arthur's Seat.

More than 2,500 runners are to take part in Holyrood Park on Saturday,
from seven-year-olds to elite runners.

The day begins at 1020 GMT with the under-13 girls inter-district cross
country 2km championship.

The Bupa Great Edinburgh International Cross Country events kick off
just after 1300 GMT on Saturday.

The elite races will be televised live on BBC1 and competitors include
Eritrea's Zersenay Tadese and Eluid Kipchoge of Kenya.

British competitors include Steph Twell in the women's 5.6km and Andy
Baddeley in the men's 4km.

Baddeley, who is fully fit after an Achilles injury restricted his
beginning to the winter season, believes Edinburgh again offers the
perfect start in his build-up for next August's World Championships in
Berlin.

"I'm really looking forward to defending my Edinburgh cross country
title. It was a tough race last year and I'm sure it will be just as
hard again," said Mr Baddeley.

"Winning again is very important to me," added Baddeley who has not
ruled out competing at the World Cross Country Championships in March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7816231.stm