[dehai-news] (QNA) Qatari Emir says Israel's Gaza attack a war crime, Arab people should act

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 16:08:12 EDT

QATAR NEWS AGENCY

Sunday 4 January 2009 | 11:38 ? Doha | 08:38 ? GMT

H.H the Emir: Aggression on Gaza is a war crime

Doha, January 04 (QNA) - H.H. the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa
Al-Thani, in an address to the Arab nation tonight, described the
heinous Israeli aggression on the people of Gaza as a war crime in as
per international charters and laws and said that the Arab people should
move.

His Highness the Emir added that even if there were no other issues
concerning the Arab-Israeli conflict and the Palestinian cause except
the woes undermining Gaza, the nation should make call each other and
the leaders should move.

H.H. the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani said that Gaza Strip
has been, since three years, under an unjust siege that included even
food and medecines for no reason except that the Palestinian people have
been dealing seriously with democracy and have decided on their options.

H.H the Emir said the calming agreement has not prevented Israel from
continuing assassinations and incursions, adding that in the shadow of
the calming Israel clamped a suffocating siege on the strip which turned
it into a detention camp and when it failed to break the will of the
Palestinian people, today came the military aggression as a continuation
to that siege.

H.H. the Emir underlined the need for the halt of the aggression and for
a ceasefire to stem the bloodshed in a way guaranteeing an end to the
siege which he described as inhumane and illegal.

In the same context H.H. the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Than
explained that the State of Qatar has opted for way of just peace but it
wanted the just peace, saying this will not go in line with the
continuation of the settlement policy, judaization of Jerusalem, siege
and aggression on peaceful people, adding that we should pay any price
to help our brethren in Gaza, stressing that this was not a grace but
rather their right and our duty towards those who sacrifice their lives.

 For the assistance to achieve its aspired objectives, H.H. the Emir
said, we should all cooperate so that the assistance will directly
arrive to the people of Gaza to enhance their steadfastness and
resistance, and to lift up their morale.

H.H. the Emir said any ceasefire should be coupled with the lift of
siege and the opening of all crossings, stressing that all who call for
a reciprocal ceasefire are equating culprit and the victim, and
justifying the aggression retroactively.

His Highness the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani has underlined,
in his speech tonight, the need for the convening of an emergency Arab
summit conference to adopt a position against the Israeli aggression on
Gaza.

"We in Qatar, have called for the convening of an emergency Arab summit
conference to take a decision vis-a-vis the Israeli aggression on Gaza",
H.H the Emir said stressing that moves by Arab people and a number of
forces of peace in the world have proved that an emergency summit was
the least things expected from us.

Our position was that we can do something but the problem does not lie
in the summit but rather the will with which we come to the summit, H.H.
the Emir said adding that when we have that will, we can take decisions
that would have an influence on the international arena and Israel.

H.H. the Emir added that some brothers have made efforts by going to the
Security Council before the summit, but once again it has been proven
that if we don't have the will, the international community will not
listen to us. We have to listen to our Arab community before the
international community listen to us, H.H. the Emir said.

"Therefore I renew the call for an emergency Arab summit and I will
leave this option to the Arab nation's leaders".(QNA)

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics/Pages/HHtheEmirDescribesa
ggressiononGazaaswarcrime.aspx

<http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1p7REPRvdQO4XFOIOq-dQgpMy1kgZTRCMLvwjR
_EQqRA-QzRuSk7rDKxVS2_8hgQWFiQxZV4QeoM_Xt2eUHJz6Bikc0hjWAMvf>