[dehai-news] Four Eritrean Olympians to receive EAAA's Special Olympic Award

From: yohannes debesai (ydebesai@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 12:02:21 EST

Four Eritrean Olympians to receive EAAA's Special Olympic Award

Four Eritrean Olympians will receive EAAA's Special Olympic Award for the young. These four runners have represented Eritrea in the Beijing Olympics for their first time and did an excellent job.

The two youngest runners are Kidane Tadesse and Teklemariam Medhin who performed well in the 10,000 meters of the Beijing Olympics. The then 21 and 20 year old runners put Eritrea in World Athletics map and supported Eritrea's hero Zerisenay by giving what they have. Kidane also did excellent job in the 5000 meters by qualifying for the final heat. Their performance was beyond what Eritrea had expected of them.

Simret Sultan is also one of the four to receive the award for breaking Eritrea's national record for the 5000 meters.  Simret has been the top Eritrea's female runner for the last six years.

Yared Asmerom deserved the award for finishing 8th in the Beijing Marathon.

These four young athletes have a very promising future and they are the ones who will be seen in podium for winning medals in the near future.

EAAA congratulates these four athletes who truly deserve a greater Award. Our believe is that when the young is doing good, the future looks better.

Solomon Teklu, an advisory board member, have taken the awards to Eritrea. He also have made special Olympic t-shirts for the nation's best Olympians.

EAAA wishes a happy and prosperous year to all of our athletes and our people.

Yohannes Debesai,
EAAA: Aspiring to Uplift Eritrea in Athletics

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."Mahatma Gandhi
"To accomplish great things, we must not only dream, but act."  Bill Blackman