[dehai-news] NUEYS Global May 2009

From: NUEYS Eritrea (nueyspub2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 02:34:39 EDT

NUEYS Global May 2009

After overcoming some technical difficulties, NUEYS Global is back! This month’s issue celebrates the 18th anniversary of Eritrea’s independence. Nation wide and among Eritrea’s Diaspora around the world, this year’s Independence Day was celebrated under the theme “Our Independent Path: Guarantor for Our Sovereignty.”

Eritrea was liberated on 24 May 1991 through paying a very high price of sacrifice unparalleled elsewhere. Now Eritrea is an exemplary model of commendable economic progress based on self-reliance thanks to the independent state of mind of its people and leadership who have gone through bitter times together. There are still many challenges ahead, but no matter how many conspiracies that have come her way, Eritrea has been and still is prepared to shoulder and pay what it takes in the name of truth and justice. This is because the people know that a meaningful existence could only be guaranteed through independent choice and economic emancipation.

Safeguarding freedom is a very demanding task and it needs every citizen to zealously guard it with dignity coupled with the aspiration to achieve solid economic emancipation. And the role of the youth can in no way be undermined or excluded. Although the journey to our national vision has been hard, and although there is still a long way to go until we reach that final destination, the efforts exerted by the youth has been praiseworthy. Moreover, the continuation of the active participation of the youth is essential for the journey ahead.

Eternal glory to our beloved martyrs; victory to the masses!!

Foreign Affairs Department

Rahel Weldeab
Foreign Affairs Department
National Union of Eritrean Youth and Students (NUEYS)
Keskese St. 173 #27 P.O. Box 1042 Asmara, Eritrea
Tel. +2911-122118 or 120488 Fax. 291-1-125981
http://www.eriyouth.org

Email. nueyspub2001@yahoo.com