[dehai-news] Dehai Retreat Directions to Friday Picnic (Hawks Nest State Park, WV)

From: dehai retreat (dehai-retreat@dehai.org)
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 19:21:18 EDT

Every year Dehai Retreat attendees have asked for a longer retreat.
This year we have extended the retreat by a day. Those of you who
can come early, we will be having a picnic at Hawk's Nest State Park,
WV on Friday, June 26th. We will be leaving the retreat site in the
morning at 10:00 A.M. and we will be back at Ripley around 7 p.m. In
time for the famous Dehai Retreat Bonfire.

If you cannot make it by 10:00 a.m. to leave with the group, but can
join us later, Here are some directions for Friday's Picnic, safe
drive. The address to look for is 9 Hawks Nest Park Road, Ansted, WV
25812. Hawks Nest State Park is located on the Midland Trail Scenic
Highway (Route 60). One hour east of Charleston, WV and about 8 miles
west of Route 19.

 From the west, (coming on I-77 south, I-64 east, Charleston, Ripley,
Ohio, …)
-----
1. Take I-77 south
2. Take exit 96 for I-77/Midland Trail/I-64/US-60 toward Belle
3. Keep left at the fork to continue toward Kanawha Blvd E/US-60
and merge onto
        Kanawha Blvd E/US-60 Continue to follow US-60 East for about
40 miles.
4. Turn right at Hawks Nest Rd
5. Slight left to stay on Hawks Nest Rd and you will come to the
park.

 From the Northeast from Washington, DC area
1. Take I-66 west (You will drive west on I-66 for about 75 miles)
2. Take exit 1A to merge onto I-81 S toward Roanoke
         (you will drive about 109 miles on I-81)
3. Slight right at I-64 W (signs for Lexington/Charleston/I-64 West)
         (You will drive west on I-64 for about 85 miles)
4. Take exit 156 for US-60 toward Midland Trail/Sam Black Church
5. Turn right at US-60 (signs for Rupert/Rainelle)
         (You will drive on US-60 West for 43 miles
6. Turn left at Hawks Nest Rd,
7. Slight left to stay on Hawks Nest Rd and you will come to the
park.

 From the South coming on I-77 North
-----------------------------------
01. From I-77, take exit 48 toward Summersville/US-19
02. Merge onto US-19 N
03. Take the E Main St exit
04. Slight right at Main St E/WV-16
05. Turn left at E Main St/WV-16
06. Turn right at US-19/WV-16, Continue to follow US-19
07. Turn left at Opossum Creek
08. Turn left at Chestnutburg Rd/Old Mill Creek Rd
09. Turn left at Chestnutburg Rd
10. Turn left at Hawks Nest Rd and you will come to the park.